Youth Ministries is a vibrant and vital part of the life of Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church. Our youth ministries are open to all 6th-12th graders and our mission is enabling young people to develop their walk with Christ and participate in ministry.
If you would like to be an adult chaperone for any of our youth events, please sign up here. You must be trained in Safeguarding God’s Children. It is a short class that is taken done online. Please contact Deacon Gary and he will set you up with the website and the code you need to take the class. It’s free of charge.
Here is some important information about upcoming events for youth, and links to different ways all youth can be part of this fantastic group. Calendar link
- Youth Group Activities:
- Youth Group meets on the first and third Sundays of each month. Locations change per meeting vary between member homes and the church. To inquire about a meeting, please email HIYouthgroup@gmail.com
- We have various activities each month. To stay up to date be sure to sign up to be on our email list. http://signup.com/go/vEZCFfY
- Youth Group is sponsoring their Spring Event open to the congregation and the greater community scheduled for May 4, 2019 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on church grounds with dancers, a DJ, food, inflatable slide/bouncy house, video games, and more! Bring your friends and neighbors to enjoy the day at Holy Innocents’!
- Ministries we are active with:
- THORN – Thankfully Helping Others Real Needs – this is an organization which provides food for the homeless and working poor throughout the Tampa area. For this ministry we always need gently used clothing (especially for men), small toiletry items, and food donations for each outing (always announced prior to a day of ministry in the church publications).
- Diocesan Activities we attend:
- Annual Acolyte Festival
- New Beginnings (middle school) This diocesan event is a weekend retreat at DaySpring Episcopal Conference Center for youth in grades 6-8. You can read more about it here.
- Happening (high school) This weekend retreat is also held at DaySpring, but it’s for all high-schoolers, grades 9-12. You can read more about it and access the registration form here.
- Medical Release Form: You must have this form filled out and notarized before you participate in any youth event with Holy Innocents’. Completed forms should be turned in to Melinda Carr or Kelle Schnabel at church.
- Questions: If you have questions about anything on this page or anything regarding the youth group at all, please don’t hesitate to contact the church office at 813.689.3130 or either of our youth leaders, Melinda Carr and Kelle Schnabel.
HOW TO FIND US
Twitter – @ HolyInnocents1
Instagram – @hiepiscopalyouth