Youth Ministries is a vibrant and vital part of the life of Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church. Our youth ministries are open to all 6th-12th graders and our mission is enabling young people to develop their walk with Christ and participate in ministry.
Our theme for the 2017-2018 school year is taken from the Matthew West song, “Do Something.” Here’s the video.
If you would like to be an adult chaperone for any of our youth events, please sign up here. You must be trained in Safeguarding God’s Children. It is a short class that is taken done online. Please contact Deacon Gary and he will set you up with the website and the code you need to take the class. It’s free of charge.
Here is some important information about upcoming events for youth, and links to different ways all youth can be part of this fantastic group.
- Youth Group Activities:
- Youth Group meets on the first and third Sundays of each month at 4:00 p.m. Locations change per meeting vary between member homes and the church. To inquire about a meeting, please email HIYouthgroup@gmail.com
- We have various activities each month. To stay up to date be sure to sign up to be on our email list. http://signup.com/go/vEZCFfY
- Ministries we are active with:
- THORN – Thankfully Helping Others Real Needs – this is an organization which provides food for the homeless and working poor throughout the Tampa area. For this ministry we always need gently used clothing (especially for men), small toiletry items, and food donations for each outing (always announced prior to a day of ministry in the church publications).
- Diocesan Activities we attend:
- Annual Acolyte Festival [Please change this information to simply say the next festival will be held September 15, 2018 at the Cathedral of St. Peter from 8 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- New Beginnings (middle school) This diocesan event is a weekend retreat at DaySpring Episcopal Conference Center for youth in grades 6-8. You can read more about it here. The fall retreat will be September 29 – October 1, 2017. We will post it here when that date has been determined.
- Happening (high school) This weekend retreat is also held at DaySpring, but it’s for all high-schoolers, grades 9-12. This year it will be held November 3-5, 2017. The registration deadline is October 20. You can read more about it and access the registration form here.
THE YEAR AHEAD
Here is the PowerPoint presentation that was given to parents and youth at the planning meeting on Sunday, August 13. Please take a look to see what’s ahead in youth ministry for 2017-2018.
- Medical Release Form: You must have this form filled out and notarized before you participate in any youth event with Holy Innocents’. Completed forms should be turned in to Melinda Carr or Kelle Schnabel at church.
- Questions: If you have questions about anything on this page or anything regarding the youth group at all, please don’t hesitate to contact the church office at 813.689.3130 or either of our youth leaders, Melinda Carr and Kelle Schnabel.
HOW TO FIND US
Twitter – @ HolyInnocents1
Instagram – @hiepiscopalyouth