Parish History

January 1, 1957 – A congregation of 30 people gathers for the first time, calling themselves “Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church” and meeting several blocks from the current location.
October 30, 1960 – A new church is built on the corner of Front Street and Valrico Road. The congregation quickly outgrows the first building built at the new location.
January 5, 1964 – Services held for the first time in the new Parish Hall.
1973 – Current Sunday School annex was completed. Worship was also held here until the current sanctuary was built.
Late 1986 – Worship happens for the first time in our current sanctuary, and it is consecrated in February, 1987.
Late 2005 – The Rev. Steve Rudacille retired, after having served the parish for 30 years.
Late 2007 – The Rev. Douglas Scharf is called as the current rector.
June 2014 – Renovations are completed on our newly expanded Parish Hall and newly redesigned Kiser Hall, which houses children & adult christian education classes, as well as office space for the staff.
December 2016 – The Rev. Douglas Scharf leaves the parish after nine years of service. The search for a new rector begins.